Thursday, May 30, 2013

Practice Squad Salary correction

I mistakenly wrote on a previous post that the minimum weekly practice squad salary was $5,700 for the 2013 season. That figure is incorrect. The correct number is $6,000. Here is the source information, as per the primary source itself--Article 33 Practice Squads, Section 3 Salary:


*NOTE: Here is a link to the CBA itself in case anyone is interested



The amount spent on the practice squad is $816,000 ($6,000 per week x 17 weeks x 8 players). While this doesn't count on the cap now, it will once the Top 51 rule ceases at midnight New York time on September 5th. Incidentally, teams can actually spend more than the amount of $816,000 listed here if they choose to do so. I mistakenly calculated this amount to be $775,200 because I had the 2013 weekly practice squad salary pegged as $5,700.

2 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful work.Thanks for this kind of stuff.I mean I am totally impressed. Hope to see more updated work here. I have to say, it is very informative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If there's anything you want me to cover, add, or explain more in depth please let me know.

      Delete