- These all count against the salary cap at this time since the Top 51 rule is in effect.
- Click on this link below from overthecap.com for the contractual status of most of the Giants' players currently on the roster.
Here are players 52 through 90, who currently don't count against the salary cap at the moment (except for their 2013 prorations):
- The players in light blue are Undrafted Rookie Free Agents (UDFAs) that were eligible to be drafted in this past April's draft.
- Currently, the Giants have 5 on their roster (Clement, James, Mertile, Sabino, and Tweedy).
- These 5 players are strong candidates to make it onto the Giants' practice squad if they don't make the opening day 53-man roster.
- Their advantages are that they have low cap numbers, they're young, and they're cost controlled for 4 years (especially the first three).