•Pugh got a signing bonus of $4,449,744 when he signed on Thursday.
•His base salary for the 2013 through 2016 seasons totals $3,510,384.
•That's a total of $7,960,128 over 4 years, NOT including the non-guaranteed portion of his 2016 salary, which takes the form of a roster bonus.
•If Pugh is on the 53-man roster in 2016, on either the 2nd or 3rd day after rosters are set, then he receives his roster bonus of $385,770.
•If he gets his roster bonus for making the team in 2016, then the total of the contract rises to $8,345,898 for 4 years, which it should pending Pugh stinking up the joint or being injured.
I asked Jason Fitzgerald the following question on Twitter from my Giants Salary Cap twitter feed:
- As can be seen above, the small roster bonus Pugh received in year 4 in 2016 is for $385,770.
- His 2013 cap number---as stated here a million times before---is $1,517,436.
- Thanks to Joel Corry & Jason Fitzgerald for providing this information months ago.
- Here is Jason's pick-by-pick 2013 NFL Draft pick estimates:
- Check out these two articles on what Pugh's issue was with the Giants (4th guaranteed year).
- Picks 14 through 21 in the first round all got guaranteed 4th years.
- Pugh--the 19th pick in the first round--was one of the last to sign his deal.