As I thought, Bishop has signed with the Vikings earlier this afternoon. Check out this article by Ed Valentine on the subject:
"Desmond Bishop signs with Minnesota Vikings" - by Ed Valentine on Jun 24 2013, 3:15p
Check out this tweet by Ian Rapoport on Bishop's salary:
Monday, June 24, 2013
Here are the Minimum salaries and their corresponding split salaries for the years 2011 all the way through to the end of this latest CBA, in 2020:
- I downloaded this pdf from the NFLPA website, and thought I'd share. Split salaries apply to players who get injured and wind up on IR.
- Splits apply to undrafted and drafted players first or second year players (those drafted specifically in rounds 3-7; players drafted in rounds 1 and 2 get their paragraph 5's guaranteed).
- This also applies to veteran players who are on their last legs, so that the team is protected in case they wind up on IR.
- Players who are oft-injured, and have significant injury histories--like Terrell Thomas, who has a split in case he winds up on IR--have salary splits in their deals in many cases too.
- As I understand it, injured fullback Henry Hynoski DOES NOT have a salary split in his contract, since he is entering his third year.