Thursday, May 30, 2013

Dead money adjustment made to my old figure

I made an adjustment to the dead money figures that I previously had for the Giants. I changed Greg Jones's dead money charge from $51,894 to $100,132. That's a difference on the plus side of $48,238. I was off in my latest calculations by $148,491 from the official overall team cap numbers, as per this previous post (http://optimus2g.blogspot.com/2013/05/here-are-official-cap-numbers-for-teams.html). I'm hoping that these adjustments somehow help in allowing me to clean up my estimates from before after finding out what the actual figures are for all 32 teams.

I usually get my dead money estimate figures from the Giants' list of cap numbers for their players from overthecap.com (HERE).


The only other figures besides Jones's that I adjusted was Osi Umenyiora's. I changed Umenyiora's dead money charge from $932,555 to $1,000,000. That's a difference on the plus side of $67,445. I recall Osi's dead money figure to be a cool million dollars from memory when it initially happened, and it was confirmed by spotrac.com, as per the screen capture and link below, which is why I'm using their figure for Greg jones as well to help me in my misestimate:





Spotrac.com's dead money total is $6,786,306 whereas the figure for the Giants' dead money total at overthecap.com is $6,752,082.

*****

Here are my adjusted figures now listed below with my new dead money total of $6,867,765:


The dead money figure that I had immediately prior to this was $6,819,527. That's a difference of $48,238. I'll incorporate this new figure of $6,867,765 into my future calculations, unless I'm made aware of more accurate figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment