Here they are listed in a more readable format, first in order of most cap space to least cap space:
Now here they are in alphabetical order for reference purposes:
- As can be seen, the Giants rank 26th in overall league cap space with an official salary cap number of $3,308,682 as of today.
- Once 1st round pick Justin Pugh signs, that number will go down by about a million dollars.
- I'm going to assume that the Giants are not done tinkering with this roster yet, but a Minimum Salary Benefit (MSB) player or two won't have much of an impact on the team's cap number going forward. (about a $60,000 dent in the cap per player due to the player with the 51st ranked cap number being displaced off of the roster for salary cap accounting purposes).
- The Giants will still need to make more cap room on the roster before the cessation of the Top 51 rule at midnight on Thursday, September 5th.
- I'm estimating that the Giants need to make about another $1 to $2 million dollars of room under the cap, without the rumored Victor Cruz extension.
- If Cruz's extension takes up more cap room under the salary cap then his current $2,879,000 tender does then that difference between the two figures (if there is a significant one) will necessitate even more room be created underneath the cap. Hopefully it's not a lot, and Patricia Traina's information about his first year cap number under that new deal being lower than the one he is currently on the books for in 2013 proves true.