Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Giants have reached an injury settlement with Cornerback Antonio Dennard, as per Ralph Vacchiano of the NY Daily News

Cornerback Antonio Dennard was the 91st contract on the Giants' 90-man roster according to the NFLPA's Leaguewide Top 51 Cap Report (see link HERE). He was on the Reserve/Injured List, and had a salary of $405,000. He was waived on Thursday, May 16th along with TE Michael Palmer, who is now in camp with Seattle. 

Here is a link to an article by Dan Benton dating back to May 18th from sportsmedia101.com:
Michael Palmer & Antonio Dennard Clear Waivers; New York Giants Place Duo on Reserve/Injured List



Here is a tweet by Ralph Vacchiano about Dennard's injury settlement:






















If I'm understanding this correctly, the start of the proration of Dennard's $405,000 salary (the absolute lowest in the NFL) dates back to the day that he was added to the roster, on January 15th of this year, & not the start of the 2013 league year on March 12th. The day of his release--May 16th--is when the proration ends. I'm more sure about the end date of the proration than I am about the start date though.

•Assuming I have the correct dates, then Dennard spent 121 days on the roster (the amount of days between January 15th and May 16th).
•I'm not sure though if the start date is March 12th--the start of the 2013 league year--or the day that Dennard was signed to the roster.
•That day happened to be January 15th (see HERE).

•If I did the math correctly (121 days out of 365), then the Giants the injury settlement is for $134,260.
•This amount would then count on the Giants' cap for 2013.
•Let me reiterate that I'm not sure if I understand this correctly, but right now this is my best guess; I'll check with a couple of people who would know better, and then correct myself later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment