Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Giants' official cap number as of today is listed as being $3,312,016

This figure of $3,312,016 listed above is the official figure listed by the NFLPA. The previous official number that I had listed here just 3 days ago (see the link here for that post) had the Giants' cap number listed as being $3,312,849. That's a difference of $833. I'm not sure how to account for this difference other than it possibly being the result of recently signed UDFA Chase Clements' prorated signing bonus, but that doesn't make sense since his cap number isn't in the teams' top 51 list of cap numbers. I'll try and see where this discrepancy came about later. In the the meantime, proceed to the neat information below:


*****

I calculated the Giants latest cap number to be $3,413,898. Compared to this official figure, I'm $101,882 off on the plus side (which is better than being on the short side). Like before, I figure that my overestimate is either the result of one of these two reasons, or possibly both:

1.) Prior year salary cap adjustments specific to the Giants' roster that I haven't yet calculated into the equation. For what it's worth, spotrac.com has that figure listed as $91,284 at the bottom of their page if you scroll down.

  • LTBE (Likely to be Earned) incentives from last season that were missed and reported as bonus money in this year's cap are part of the Cap adjustment equation, as may be NLTBE (Not Likely to be Earned) incentives. Since my estimate is on the plus side, my miscalculation is more likely to fall into the LTBE incentives category. 
2.) A miscalculation in Dead Money. I tried to compensate for that possible error by adjusting the figures that I had before by making a change in Greg Jones's leftover dead money figure, and increasing it from the figure that I had listed before.


The link below will provide the salary cap figures for all 32 teams in the NFL. Here is the link:
Top 51 League Cap Report

The figures will change in a couple of days when the cap credits for the post June 1st cuts kick in, which will be especially welcome for teams like the Raiders, Steelers, & Redskins off the top of my head. Here is a screen shot of the link pasted above:

No comments:

Post a Comment